Twenty+ years writing newsletters, Internet copy, brochures, video and audio scripts, direct mail, reports, press releases, collateral. Ten+ years production management of newsletters, brochures, and website updates. Significant book editing, copy editing, and proofreading experience.
published articles: a selection
- "New Netherlands Research - 1614-1674: Getting Started," We Gather Together, vol. 1, no. 3 (June 2007).
- "DNA: Some Questions and Some Answers," Bonnes Nouvelles, October-November 2006; reprinted in Aux Huguenots!, Spring 2007.
- "Colonial Huguenot Silversmiths," Aux Huguenots!, Winter 2006
- "The Twilight of Edwin Booth," New York Genealogical and Biographical Society Researcher, Fall 2005
- "Walking Thunder: Dreams Made of Sand," American Indian Magazine, Spring 2002
- "Plays in the Parlor: Bringing the Theatre Home," FIT Review, Spring 1993
- "Legal Services: How Much Should They Cost?" Moneypaper, Winter 1987
- M.Phil., Columbia University, English
- M.A., Columbia University, English
- B.A., University of Illinois at Chicago, English and Russian
- President's Fellow, Columbia University
- Valedictorian, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Read, speak, write Russian; read and translate Czech, French, and German; read French and Italian.
- India House Foundation: writer and publicist for exhibition "Sailors, Explorers and the World Trade Center" (2009-present); work includes direct mail, press releases, and email blasts.
- The Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian, George Gustav Heye Center (New York City): writer, publicist, audience development and marketing consultant for public programs and exhibitions (1999-2001); publicist for Art Markets 2007 and 2008
- Sons of the Revolution in the State of New York/Fraunces Tavern® Museum: developed and wrote e-newsletter The Patriot; writer and publicist for events, exhibitions and public programs; website editor for public programs (2007-2008)
- The New York Academy of Medicine: writer, reporter, and publicist for exhibitions and conferences (2005)
- South Street Seaport Museum: writer and publicist for exhibitions (2004)
- George Braziller, Inc: editor and copy editor for art and art history books, translations from the French, poetry and belles lettres (2003-present)
- Aalborg University Press, Denmark: copy editor for RE-ACTION: The Digital Archive Experience and Marvellous Fantasy (2008-09); other titles in progress.
- Wrote and edited articles for Bike New York's "Ride Guide." (2003)
- Agins Communications: writer and editor for auction house and poster trade clients. Work included fact sheets, press releases, and media alerts. (2000-2002)
- Charles Bloch Publishing, Inc.: editor, trade books. (2000)
- Australian Trade Commission: editor, wine booklet. (1999)
- Heritage Trails New York: writer and publicist for guided walking tours; marketing consultant. Edited newsletter, wrote tourism and activities brochures. (1997-98)
- The Swag Country Inn, North Carolina: wrote website copy. (1997)
- The New York Academy of Medicine: wrote technical reports. (1997)
- Support Center for Nonprofit Management: wrote and tested course curricula; also presented seminars on business writing and public relations. (1997-98)
- Trinity Church Wall Street: writer, editor, and publicist for 300th anniversary of the parish.
- Developed and completed special projects, including capabilities brochure for Support Center for Nonprofit Management; neighborhood guide to, and slides about, Gramercy Park for Helen Keller Worldwide; press releases for Museum of Jewish Heritage. Edited newsletter for New York Law School.
- Turtle Bay Music School: Wrote all media releases and handled media contacts. Developed ideas for benefits and new student recruitment. During this time, also taught Business Writing at Fashion Institute of Technology (SUNY), New York City.
- Developed and wrote video scripts for fund-raising campaigns for The College of Mount St. Vincent ("The Mount Saint Vincent Family: Continuing the Tradition") and Marymount College Tarrytown. During this time, also taught English at Marymount College.